The holidays are often a time for reflection, to appreciate the blessings in our lives and take stock of all we have.
It is also the time to give back and help the less fortunate.
In these challenging times, there are several wonderful opportunities to do just that this holiday season.
Spend a few hours, alone or together with family and friends, serving meals to the less fortunate,
or volunteering at a local charity.
There are charity organizations that are always looking for volunteers during the holidays and throughout the year.
Find out which organizations these are and volunteer to help.
Most of us get caught up in our own lives, forgetting that the simplest things can make the most significant impact on someone else. Just think how different the world would be if everyone took a few minutes of their busy lives to do something for someone else.
So here are a few “Act of Kindness Ideas, so we can all spread joy to others.
- Give an unexpected compliment
- Pay the coffee for the person behind you
- Give an extra tip and write something nice along with it
- Help someone put groceries in their car
- Visit a nursing home – read books to or play games with residents
- Smile at someone who looks sad
- Forgive someone who has wronged you
- Book a car at Smart Wheels for someone who is in need of a ride
Kindness is a gift that keeps giving.
Let Smart Wheels help you sprinkle a few ideas into your routine, and you’ll be spreading positive energy with a chain of love this holiday.