The number of COVID-19 infections in Curaçao has remained very limited and the spread of the virus is under control. All the more reason to make sure we reopen in a safe and controlled manner. As of January 1, 2021, Curacao does not distinguish high risk countries with a mandatory quarantine anymore. This implies that the process to apply for a permit to enter Curacao and undergo a mandatory quarantine of 14 days upon arrival in Curacao has been eliminated.
To prevent infection and to slow transmission of COVID-19, do the following:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain at least 2 meter distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.